About the Clean Energy Communities Program
The Clean Energy Communities program is offered jointly by the Clean Energy Finance & Investment Authority and the Connecticut Energy Efficiency Fund.
The program is designed to encourage communities to increase their support for energy efficiency and clean, renewable energy.
Here are the three easy steps:
1. Commit to the Municipal Energy Efficiency Pledge and reduce municipal building energy consumption 20% from baseline levels by 2018. A baseline level is a snapshot in time showing how much energy a building (or buildings) consumed for a one-year period;
2. Commit to the Municipal Clean, Renewable Energy Pledge and voluntarily purchase 20% of municipal buildings’ energy use by 2018 from clean, renewable sources; and
3. Achieve milestones in support of energy efficiency and clean, renewable energy. There are now two paths to earn incentives for your community:
- Energy Efficiency Track - For every 100 points earned within this track, the community will receive a “Bright Idea Grant” ranging from $5,000 to $15,000 that can be used toward a community-selected energy-saving project
- Clean, Renewable Energy Track- For every 100 points earned within this track, the community will earn a clean energy system equivalent to 1 kilowatt (kW) of solar PV.