Lyman Memorial High School
Turbine and Tower Details: Bergey Excel-S 10kW Turbine on a 100 ft. self-supporting lattice tower
Location: 917 Exeter Road, Lebanon, CT
Test Site Characteristics
|Tower Coordinates (Source: Google Earth)
||524 ft (160m)
|Predicted Annual Average Wind Speed (Source: AWS True Wind)
||5.2 m/s at 30m
Lyman Memorial High School Wind Project Preliminary Site Layout Notes
- The blue square indicated the 16 ft. 4 in. square tower foundation. Tower height is 100 feet.
- Dashed blue/pink lines indicate general path of underground data and power lines.
- The dashed orange lines indicate the approximate location of underground high voltage electric utilities on site. Exact location was confirmed with Call Before You Dig prior to start of installation.
- A shed, specified by the Lebanon School project contact, with an 8’ x 8’ minimum size, hosts all inverters, data acquisition, and control equipment. Not shown to scale in drawing, enlarged to identify correct location on site.
- Ethernet is run from the school to shed to connect to data acquisition system.
- Locations and dimensions in this site layout are approximate.
Nearby Wind Rose Data for Coventry, CT (Source: AWS TrueWind, 2003)